| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Add Speed Limits
Add speed limits reported from the app, or from viewing street view imagery in the WME. Additionally, you can view SHA's data on Speed Limits.
Once you've completed adding speed limits in an area, mark it on this google map, by coloring the area green:
Speed Limit Scripts
These scripts may help facilitate the adding of speed limits. Use as directed, report any error only to the script thread, not in the WME thread. Most scripts require Tampermonkey.
WME Color Highlights (WMECH)
WMECH now includes a "No Speed Limit" filter. You can also choose to highlight streets as well as highways.
Street Vector Layer
Replaces standard "Roads" layer with a customizable layer. One of the customizations colors the road "shoulders" with speed limit colors.
WME Speed Helper
Adds quick buttons for adding speed limits to selected segment(s). Also a button for clearing speed limits.
Boots on the Ground
These are BOTG missions that need doing. A few notes: no there are no bonus points, no there is no mileage reimbursement.
- US-301 at MD-305 (Hope Rd) - New Interchange, look for Exit Signage, new geometries.
Please use Title Case in all Place Names!
Review these categories in your managed areas:
- MVA Offices: "MVA - Office Name or City Name"
- Hotels: "Hotel Chain Name - City Name or as listed on website
- Make use of the Baltimore & DC Area Place Browsers to review the places added / updated since the March 2015 Mega Map Raid!
Note that the DC regional Place Browser includes parts of Southern Maryland.
- If you find any Point Places submitted by a driver near the middle of a major road, please review and move it to the appropriate stop point. Or evaluate if it should be deleted.
- Check for duplicate submissions.
Park & Ride
Add SHA / Park & Ride areas across the state.
Format: "Park & Ride - Place Name / Street
Additional P & R Locations in Virginia, Metro Washington DC, Maryland and West Virginia