| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
New York/To do/Main
Thank you, and Happy Wazing!
Primary issues for maintaining the road network
- Remove unneeded junction nodes (those not at intersections, or separating segments with different properties, i.e. city-name, street name, elevation, allowed U-turns, or splitting a segment which is over 10km long).
- Remove excess geometry nodes (those which are not changing the geometry of a segment). When the geometry node is very near the end of a segmsegment double check while zoomed-in to see if the geometry node is actually changing the turn angle.
- Inspect and correct connectivity of necessary junctions.
- Update the road network "Street Types" to match FC, for more information see FC update info
- Update all segment "Street Names" in accordance with the guidelines in the Road Names (USA) wiki article.
- Inspect and correct overpasses/underpasses to ensure that the segments are on different levels, and do not have a junction node where they meet.
- Ensure that any roads crossing at the same elevation level have a junction node connecting them.
See New York/To do for guidance in New York that may not be universal to all other states and territories, and for special project lists.