| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
| MapRaid participants: please do not edit in the area of the mapraid until the time of the official announcement in the mapraid slack general channel. This will allow us to get good mapraid statistics.
This mapraid page is still under construction. Please be patient as we get it ready for the upcoming raid.
Optional short intro phrase. MapRaid Philadelphia June 2015 will be 7 June at 19:00 UTC (3:00 PM EDT) through 14 June 2015. The group will be divided into 5 groups, one for each section. Each group will have both local and senior editors, one of which will be the "Group leader" - listed in blue below. Please direct all questions to your group leaders. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
Our primary mission is to handle
- PURs (Places)
- General map verification and
- Functional Classification.
- 1 Mission
- 2 Local Hosts
- 3 Groups
- 4 Important!
- 5 Mapping Resources
- 6 Communication
- 7 Reference Links
- 8 Mapraid edit lists
- 9 Results
- 10 MapRaid Promotions
- The raid hosts and
- Every participating editor who can help answer local questions. Generally:
- rank 3 and up
- from the state
- with AM area
|XXX(6) [ ]||Statewide|| |
Map Raid Organizer
Error: Must specify an image in the first line.
Please read the entire MapRaid wiki. If you are still uncertain what to do about something you see on the map, please ask your group leader Thank You for your help with the map.
Mapraid UR Rules
(description of mapraid UR rules)
Do not close URs if the UR contains a tag such as [NOTE], [CLOSURE], or any other [MESSAGE].
Do Not Mass-Edit
DO NOT perform edits that affect large numbers of segments at once. We want to know who fixed what so we can understand how problems got resolved. Any necessary mass edits can be done at the end of the map raid.
We use micro-doglegs (very short geometry sections of segments) to engineer turn- vs. stay/keep/exit instructions. Zoom in very close to see these micro-doglegs.
Road Types, Names, and Functional Classification (FC)
In XXX , brief summary of road typing, with link to state wiki?
Brief summary of rules for major roads? If a road has more than one name ...
We will use #Slack Channels. There is a [http://wazemapraid.slack.com/messages/ xxx yyy Raid general channel] and also a channel for each raid group. Please be sure to join the slack WazeMapRaid Team and join the channels for the specific MapRaid and group you are assigned to. If you are not already part of the WazeMapRaid slack team, Click here to get your Slack invitation. Be sure to choose WazeMapRaid to the MapRaid question. If you have trouble getting into the slack team and channels, please reach out to one of the MapRaid organizers.
WME chat can also be used. The WME Chat addon is recommended.
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- overlay link
- Map Raid Place Browser tampermonkey/greasemonkey required
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation. Tampermonkey / greasemonkey required
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here -- Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey required
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|