The Complete Guide to Waze in the Philippines
Welcome Pinoy Wazer! If you are reading this then you probably want to learn more about how to use Waze or edit the Waze map. This may be because you want to add a new road or have found a map issue and want to contribute to the Waze community. You have come to the right place! Read up on the general standards and guides referred to here as well as our own guide for editing the Philippine roads before attempting to edit the maps.
Waze is a free navigation app for your GPS equipped smartphone. It has the following features:
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions
- Spoken street names (Text-to-Speech) [a]
- Real time traffic reports
- Real time Gas Prices [b]
- Toll road avoidance [b]
- Free regular updates to the map that you can help make are installed automatically
- Search for destinations how you like: entire address at once, category, place name, landmark or use the addresses from your contacts
- Integrated destination search: Google, Foursquare, Bing
- Support for apps to insert destinations into Waze, such as Localscope
- Support for multiple languages
- Gaming elements for fun and integrated social networking
Read more about the amazing way Waze gets better when you just drive around with Waze turned on
- Read the topics on Waze Help Center
- Get help when you have Waze running but the map shows few or no roads, or streets with no names, or you travel to an unmapped area
- Understand the timing of updates, including when you can edit roads you have driven on
- Use the My Dashboard section on the Waze website
- Read the answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and the glossary of terms
- Participate in the announcements and discussion forums
If you have problems, try and find your own solution or ask the community for help:
- Use the Wiki - there is a search box just to the left
- Use the Discussion Forums
If all else fails, you can email Waze with your problem
Editing Resources for the Philippines
- Philippines/Editing resources - a compilation of suggestions and made into a guide on how we should edit our Waze maps for the Philippines. A lot of map issues and update requests are due to incomplete or incorrect information on our map. A lot of these issues could be avoided if we follow the Best map editing practice guide in the wiki. However, some items listed are specifically for our pinoy roads and driving habits.
- Philippines/Other_Questions_and_Tips_for_the_Pinoy_Waze_Editor Other Questions and Tips for the Pinoy Waze Editor
- Philippines/MapRaid History Statistics on MapRaids conducted in the Philippines
- Philippines/Update_Requests What to do with Update Requests (URs)
- Philippines/Locking Why are segments and places locked?
- Philippines/Champs_And_AMs Meet the PH Global and Local Champs and the Area Managers
- Philippines/Places_Policy Place Update Requests acceptable submissions
- Waze Philippines Editor Mentoring Program - If you would like to learn more about editing, you can enter the editing mentoring program where a senior editor will guide you and help you learn how to edit properly.
- Philippine Waze area-management request form - If you are confident enough with your editing skills and you have met the requirements listed here Philippines Area Managers, you can apply to be an Area Manager in the Philippines using this form. We will send you an email regarding the next steps. If we don't hear from you within a week from our email, we will assume that you are no longer pursuing your application.
- Philippine Tollways - Here is a complete listing of tollways in the Philippines on Wikipedia.
- Philippine Highways - Another list which contains Major Highways, Tollways and expressways, Manila Arterial Road System as well as notable provincial highways and bridges on Wikipedia.
- Philippines TTS List - A complete list of supported TTS abbreviations and custom name pronunciations