| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
MMR Poland 2016
- 1 MMR Poland 2016
- 1.1 Goals
- 1.2 Hosts
- 1.3 Communication
- 1.4 Raid Areas
- 1.5 Mapraid guidelines
- 1.6 Editing Resources
- 1.7 Mass edits
- 1.8 Basic reference links
- 1.9 Highly Recommended Tools
In order of importance:
- Add missing roads
- Check and correct connectivity
- Add/confirm speeds on main roads
- Add Places (mainly natural features)
- Check and correct city boundaries
|asterix06 ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||2|
|enhket ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||3|
|OrbitC ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||1|
|moweez ( )||6||Global Champ||6|
|voludu2 ( )||5||State Manager||7|
|mousepl ( )||5||Global Champ||6|
|jarkaz ( )||5||Local Champ||2|
|TCholewa ( )||5||Local Champ||1|
|FZ69617 ( )||5||Local Champ||4|
|noobek ( )||5||Local Champ||3|
|Jacek2000 ( )||5||Local Champ||7|
|Krzysiek_makii ( )||5||Country Manager||5|
Because of the international character of this MapRaid, the main language is English. As we have raiders from many different time zones, we will use time in UTC.
The participants will be divided into several groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, one of which will be the Group leader. Please direct all questions to your group leader. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
We will use Slack as the main communication service. There is a special Poland MapRaid channel for this raid. Also, every group will have their own channel. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts.
This MapRaid has 7 groups according to the following map. Use the overlay to show the borders of your group area in WME. Keep in mind that editing access may slightly differ from the overlay. All areas neighbour another country. Please do not edit in other countries, even though you have access. If something needs to be updated, inform one of the hosts who will contact the neighbouring country.
The main objective is creation of the primary roads and streets, since the roads of higher category have already been added.
Additional roads related objective is locking of the roads at the appropriate level:
|Road type||Lock level|
Due to complex rules of naming cities in Poland, city names can only be added by Polish LCs. In case of a missing city name, please send a permalink with at least one segment selected to one of the LCs via this request form. They will check the segment and list the correct city name in this sheet. You'll then be able to use this new city name for all other segments in the new city.
Verify speed limits
The speed limits of the roads shall be verified with the Google Street View.
Unless differently indicated by road signs, the speed limits in Poland are as follows:
- In cities (between a white city boundary boards): 50km/h
- Outside cities:
- Freeways (named as AXX, for example A1, A12, A4): 140km/h
- Express way, dual carriageway (marked as freeways, named SXX, for example S1, S69): 120km/h
- Express way, single line (marked as freeways, named SXX, for example S1, S69): 100km/h
- Major HW, dual carriageway: 100km/h
- Major HW, single line: 90km/h
- Minor HW, dual carriageway: 100km/h
- Minor HW, single line: 90km/h
- All other roads outside cities: 90km/h
For better understanding speed limits please look at this picture:
We use micro-doglegs to control turn- vs. stay/keep/exit instructions. Zoom in very close to see the closely-spaced geometry nodes. Preserve them.
The main objective is the addition of forests, lakes and rivers as well as verification of existing places of this kind. There is a Place Browser that helps you locate the places that need an update.
Note that edited/created places should not contain the city in the address. The places shall be locked at level 2.
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze, like Streetview from within WME. Google Maps (and its streetview) is NOT allowed. Websites from businesses are considered allowed sources.
Warning: If you copy information from unauthorized sources, you may be removed from this mapraid. Also, every segment you edited may be removed from the map. Copying information from copyrighted sources is illegal!
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Sanctions are strict, being banned for this and future MR and MMR.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Highly Recommended Tools
Many tools are essential for good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. Highly recommended are:
- This is a script that validates a map area in the Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with U.S. wiki references and possible solutions. Keep in mind that guidelines of the country where you edit (if available on the subject) precede over the guidelines of the U.S..
- This is a script that facilitate the process of editing maps in the WME. It has a toolbar that facilitates the process of removing unnecessary nodes, cut segments, locate "Soft Nodes", or nodes with undefined directions.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!
Specific tools for this MapRaid
- There is an overlay to view the boundaries of the group areas via an extra layer. To use it, you need to have TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) installed. The areas are kept simple for smooth working in WME. Please note that the editing access rights will be more refined, especially around the border areas.
- A Place Browser for this MapRaid will follow.