| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
MMR Poland 2016
- 1 MMR Poland 2016
- 1.1 Goals
- 1.2 Hosts
- 1.3 Communication
- 1.4 Raid Areas
- 1.5 Mapraid guidelines
- 1.6 Editing Resources
- 1.7 Mass edits
- 1.8 Basic reference links
- 1.9 Highly Recommended Tools
In order of importance:
- Add missing roads
- Check and correct connectivity
- Add/confirm speeds on main roads
- Add Places (mainly natural features)
- Check and correct city boundaries
|asterix06 ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||2|
|enhket ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||3|
|OrbitC ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord||1|
|moweez ( )||6||Global Champ||6|
|voludu2 ( )||5||State Manager||7|
|mousepl ( )||5||Global Champ||6|
|jarkaz ( )||5||Local Champ||2|
|TCholewa ( )||5||Local Champ||1|
|FZ69617 ( )||5||Local Champ||4|
|noobek ( )||5||Local Champ||3|
|Jacek2000 ( )||5||Local Champ||7|
|Krzysiek_makii ( )||5||Country Manager||5|
Because of the international character of this MapRaid, the main language is English. As we have raiders from many different time zones, we will use time in UTC.
The participants will be divided into several groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, one of which will be the Group leader. Please direct all questions to your group leader. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
We will use Slack as the main communication service. There is a special Poland MapRaid channel for this raid. Also, every group will have their own channel. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts. If anything goes wrong and you didn't receive the invite when the raid is about to start, click here to get your Slack invitation (choose WazeMapRaid). If you have trouble getting into the Slack team or channels, please reach out to one of the MapRaid organizers.
This MapRaid has 7 groups according to the following map. Use the overlay to show the borders of your group area in WME. Keep in mind that editing access may slightly differ from the overlay. All areas neighbour another country. Please do not edit in other countries, even though you have access. If something needs to be updated, inform one of the hosts who will contact the neighbouring country.
The main objective is creation of the primary roads and streets, since the roads of higher category have already been added.
Additional roads related objective is locking of the roads at the appropriate level:
|Road type||Lock level|
- Indicates driver must yield / give way at the next intersection. This road has lower priority than the upcoming cross-road, and probably has lower road-type rank. This sign may be found on almost any road type.
- Indicates driver will have right-of-way at the next intersection. This road has higher priority than the upcoming cross-road, and probably has higher road-type rank. This sign may be found on almost any road type.
Due to complex rules of naming cities in Poland, city names can only be added by Polish LCs. In case of a missing city name, please send a permalink with at least one segment selected to one of the LCs via this request form. They will check the segment and list the correct city name in this sheet. You'll then be able to use this new city name for all other segments in the new city.
Verify speed limits
The speed limits of the roads shall be verified with the WME Street View. Speed Limits in Poland are expressed in km/h. Always use the metric units setting (see picture) in WME when working with speed limits. There is a handy Speedhelper script that greatly facilitates entering speedlimits.
Unless differently indicated by road signs, the following speed limits shall be used on map:
- In cities (between a white city boundary boards): 50km/h
- Outside cities:
- Freeways (named as AXX, for example A1, A12, A4): 140km/h
- Express way, dual carriageway (marked as freeways, named SXX, for example S1, S69): 120km/h
- Express way, single line (marked as freeways, named SXX, for example S1, S69): 100km/h
- Major HW, dual carriageway: 100km/h
- Major HW, single line: 90km/h
- Minor HW, dual carriageway: 100km/h
- Minor HW, single line: 90km/h
- All other roads outside cities: 90km/h
The speed limits in Poland are summarized at this picture:
- Generally, roads that have buildings next to it, are those that have a city name and have a speed limit of 50, unless a road sign indicates differently.
- If you see a round road sign with the speed limit in street view, it means that speed is limited to the next intersection.
- A round sign under the sign with the city name, counts for the whole city
- A square sign means speed limit zone for the whole area.
- currently WME allows to specify only one speed limit for a single road segment. If a road has different speed limits, we enter the day-time speed limits (5:00-23:00).
We use micro-doglegs to control turn- vs. stay/keep/exit instructions. Zoom in very close to see the closely-spaced geometry nodes. Preserve them.
The main objective is the addition of forests, lakes and rivers as well as verification of existing places of this kind. There is a Place Browser that helps you locate the places that need an update.
Note that edited/created places should not contain the city in the address. The places shall be locked at level 2.
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze.
- Street-view from within WME.
- Websites from businesses.
If you copy information from unauthorized sources, you may be removed from this mapraid. Also, every segment you edited may be removed from the map. Copying information from copyrighted sources is illegal!
These are NOT allowed:
- Info from other Maps.
- Google Maps
- Google street-view.
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Sanctions are strict, being banned for this and future MR and MMR. In addition, Waze will throttle your edits and points when scripts used excessively.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Highly Recommended Tools
Many tools are essential for good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. Highly recommended are:
- This is a script that validates a map area in the Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with U.S. wiki references and possible solutions. Keep in mind that guidelines of the country where you edit (if available on the subject) precede over the guidelines of the U.S..
- This is a script that facilitate the process of editing maps in the WME. It has a toolbar that facilitates the process of removing unnecessary nodes, cut segments, locate "Soft Nodes", or nodes with undefined directions.
WME Aerial Shifter
- Please note, that Google satelite imagery may be shifted for some areas. If you notice that entire city is shifted, please do not adjust all streets to fit the background. You may use this script instead to shift imagery
- WME Speedhelper has made inputting speed data easy, with the use of handy speedsign images. You just need to select one or more segments and click the speed you want. If a segment isn't yet verified, don't worry, these checkboxes will be automatically checked.
- To use it, you need to have TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) installed.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!
Specific tools for this MapRaid
- There is an overlay to view the boundaries of the group areas via an extra layer. To use it, you need to have TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) installed. The areas are kept simple for smooth working in WME. Please note that the editing access rights will be more refined, especially around the border areas.
- There is a [Place Browser] for this MapRaid to update Places according to the rules of the location. Make sure not to edit Places in neighbouring countries. Because Forest and Rivers have high priority, preferably check these first with the [Place Browser Forest].