| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
This page serves as the primary resource for editors of
the Puerto Rico region. Review all the sections to better understand how the guidelines for this territory might deviate from the overall USA or worldwide guidelines. If you have any comments or questions about this page or territory refer to the community links below. <div style="color:
See Puerto Rico/Overview for guidance in Puerto Rico that may not be universal to all other states and territories.
Follow us in Tweeter @PrWaze
Speed Limits Guidelines
See Puerto Rico/Major roads for guidance in Puerto Rico that may not be universal to all other states and territories.
the Puerto Rico region follows the standard USA guidelines for all of the following special road types.
- Divided highways and roadways
- Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes
- Roundabouts and traffic circles
- Toll roads
- Partial and scheduled restrictions
- Private installations and military bases
Review the Wiki guidelines for non-drivable roads to ensure compliance with the general guidelines.
Guidelines that vary by state or territory
The following special roads are managed slightly uniquely in some states and territories. This territory uses the following standard guidelines found in the Wiki.
See Puerto Rico/Closures for guidance in Puerto Rico that may not be universal to all other states and territories.
04-04-2016: Puerto Rico has standardized on a UR response system after extended discussion in the Google Hang Outs.
NOTE: all day values are relative to the date the FIRST editor response is sent to the reporter.
- Day 0: The first editor who is able to respond to UR should attempt to resolve the UR. If successfully found a resolution, the UR should be marked Solved along with a message. Optionally, the editor can wait a few days to follow up in the report. If more information from the reporter is required to make progress towards a resolution, a response should be sent to the reporter containing the information needed for resolution.
- Day 4: Reminder message sent if no response from the reporter is recieved since day 0.
- Day 5+: URs that has no response shall be closed as Not Identified due to lack of reporter response at any time.
- All editors are considered to have equal ownership of and responsibility.
- All editors, regardless if they have worked the UR previously, may send any of the responses described above, provided they adhere the minimum time spacing guidance between responses.
- All editors are explicitly encouraged to attempt resolving URs at any point during their lifecycle, even if others happen to be actively working it at the same time.
- The ideal timeline for UR response is when responses are sent as early as the minimum required time spacing between messages permits.
- It is NOT required to send a reminder in the report before closing it due to the lack of response.
- When the reporter responds back, and more information is needed for a resolution, 5 days is the minimum time before closing it due to the lack of response.
the Puerto Rico region follows the USA standard for Places. Do not deviate from the guidelines without first obtaining consensus to do so via the territory forum linked on this page. <div style="color:
Area or Point ?
The table of Place categories and types, provides guidelines to help map editors decide between point and area places.
|PLACE TYPE||LOCK LEVEL|
|Military Installation / Airport||4|
|Hospitals / Urgent Care 24hrs||4|
|Police & Fire Dept||4|
|Schools / Universities / Colleges||4|
|National & State Parks and Monuments||4|
|Government Buildings / Consulates||3|
|City and Local Parks||2|
- All Places that have complete information (to include, at a minimum, address/city, hours of operation, phone number) are to be locked at Level 2. This is to prevent loss of data due to automatic acceptance of Place Update submissions from Trusted Users, or Place Update Request approvals from other editors without careful examination.
- If you do not have a high enough enough rank to lock the place as indicated, please lock it as high as you can, and notify a higher rank AM, SM, CM, or Champ to lock it higher.
Phone Numbers Format
Puerto Rico area codes are 787 and 939. Please use the following formats when adding phone numbers to places information: 787-XXX-XXXX or (787) XXX-XXXX
Please read and follow the established guidelines in the following sections of Waze Wiki:
Place Name Harmonization
In an effort to keep common Places the same across the region, the Territories wiki page now has a list to reference. The list includes Names, Alt Names, Categories, and Websites of Chain companies across the region. If you don't find the business you're looking for, please use this form to submit the missing information.
We recommend editors to use the Place Harmonizer Script.
Please watch the following developer's instructional videos Basic example of a non-chain place, Basic example of a chain place, Basic example of duplicate finder and error checking, WMEPH Whitelisting Feature, Place Info Cloning Feature (Rank 3+) or visit the [Script] WME Place Harmonizer: Version 1.1, Mar 2016 in the Waze Forum for more details and updates.
Not every camera-looking device at an intersection is a speed or red light camera. Generally speaking:
Be sure to know your cameras before accepting new camera reports.
When adding a camera, be sure to review the camera placement recommendations.
Laws regarding speed and red light cameras vary between the states and territories, so be sure to understand the details of camera legality in
the Puerto Rico region.
At this time there are not Speed or Red Light Cameras (not to be confused with Traffic cameras) been used in Puerto Rico. Please DO NOT MAP ANY CAMERAS!
To do list
Many states and territories keep an active list of pending or closed actions that need to be done in the state by the editors. All editors are welcome to contribute to the list of activities.
This territory does not currently have an active "to do" list at this time. Check in the Puerto Rico section of the Waze forums to discuss creating one.</div>
black"> If you're editing in Puerto Rico, is a requirement that you turn on the LIVE USERS layer in the editor. If you see another editor show up where you are editing, and move around you, please check WME Chat. Also, check and see if you have a Private Message (PM) in the Forum. There may be an issue with the area you're editing in, or what you are doing. Never Be Unreachable!
The table below identifies the editors also designated as Area Managers or higher who are editing in
the Puerto Rico region. If you have any questions, please consider contacting them directly as needed. If you are an Area Manager that covers
the Puerto Rico region, or a USA Country Manager that does a lot of work in
the Puerto Rico region, please add yourself to this list (alphabetical by username) in the correct rank section.
The editor who also serves as the Regional Coordinator for
the Puerto Rico region is automatically listed at the top of the table. That editor may not be highly active in this territory and therefore may not be listed separately in the table.
|Puerto Rico — Area, State and Country Managers|
Regional Coordinator(s): [RC] nnote ( )
| Country Managers (Territories region)|
| nnote(6) [ ]
|Country Wide|| |
Territories Regional Coordinator
|Territory Managers (Territories region)|
|cotero2002(4) [ ]||Island Wide|| |
Lifetime resident of Puerto Rico
| Area Managers |
|ggrane(5) [ ]||Country Wide|
|PedroskiPR(4) [ ]||Metropolitan Area|| |
|Lexrav(3) [ ]||Metropolitan Area|| |
|np3en(3) [ ]||Metropolitan Area, Northwest Area|| |
|uplinkpr(3) [ ]||North West|| |
|x556(3) [ ]||Metropolitan Area|| |
lifetime resident of Puerto Rico
The following editors are also editing in the state and may be working towards an Area Manager position. Feel free to contact them for assistance in their respective areas.
| Other Area Editors |
|Username||General Editing Area||Comments
|muchomac(3) [ ]||South West||Mainly edits in Cabo Rojo|
|MiguelPerezTolentino(3) [ ]||South East||Mainly edits in Humacao|
|illfoolya(2) [ ]||Metropolitan Area||Mainly edits in San Juan|
|jsantos417(2) [ ]||South West||Mainly edits in Ponce|
|peterprw(1) [ ]||Metropolitan Area||Mainly edits in Guaynabo|
Other states and territories
About this page