| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Template:Adding Gas Stations
1. To add a new gas station to the map, first view the basic map editing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVksbb1Z4SQ
2. Login to the editor: http://world.waze.com/editor.
3. Locate the place of the gas station on the map:
4. Choose to add a new landmark (click on the + icon and choose Landmark):
5. Draw the landmark, then click on it:
6. Now from the properties menu on the left side choose gas station as the type of the landmark, you can then define the rest of its properties, such as brand name and address.
7. Click on Save.
7. Now you can view the gas station on your phone, just go to "Categories" in the navigation screen and select "Gas Stations":
Please note: gas stations will not be Immediately available everywhere in clients. We're going to start rolling out the gas stations feature in the client country by country. As soon as we see (based your feedback) that we have enough stations to launch with in a given country, we'll release it there. It's hard to say exactly how many stations we need in each country to be ready there. If any of you know how many gas stations there are in your country - please let us know, this will allow us to estimate the percentage of stations we have.
In some countries, you’ll see that the editor is missing a list of local gas brands. Not to worry though. Just go to our Support Page and contact us via "Quick help" -> "Ask agent by email". Send us a message containing the missing gas brand and the country in which it should be added and we'll add it to the drop down menu in the editor as soon as we can.