| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Translate waze (client text) to your local language
Help us make waze better in your native tongue!
This article will explain how to translate waze into your native tongue. Once the translations are ready, we upload them and you can choose to have waze displayed in your language. There are a few languages already available, and a few more that saw some work but are not completed (thus not uploaded yet).
It's important to remember waze is still very dynamic - with every new version we have new features, and those require some new text translations. Without the translations, these texts will remain in English (so you might have a mix of both languages).
You can download the complete translation file from [url= http://cid-51de1c5ea50c0569.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/waze%5E_lang%5E_translations.xlsx?authkey=R8amKj8XV0w%24] here [\url].
Here's what you need to know:
- 1st check for a column with your language - maybe somebody already started the work
- Look for all the missing texts: you will see them as "0", "N/A", or simply blank.
- Copy the English text from column B to a new file. You can also copy column C for explanations and comments (where applicable). You only have to translate column B
- Send us an email with your translation of the missing texts.
- DO NOT SEND US THE SAME FILE WITH YOUR ADDITIONS. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FILTER OUT YOUR TRANSLATIONS AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT
- If you'd like to be notified when new text strings are ready to be translated, just drop us a line and we will notify you every time we add new ones.
Please note: this fiel only has the client text (what you see when you open the application). This doesn't include audio prompts ("in 200 meters turn right") and other special messages.