Complete Guide to Waze in the USA (Under Development)
Waze is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation application with verbal instructions, free map updates and real-time traffic updates. Social networking and gaming elements are optional features.
If you have problems, try and find your own solution or ask the community for help:
If all else fails, you can email Waze with your problem
Languages and Countries
You can use your language skills to help make Waze better
How You Can Help
You can make Waze better for yourself and everyone else
Problems, bugs and limitations
Waze is a fun and sophisticated navigation app. In the many areas where wazers have worked on the maps for just a couple of months, it is already far superior to commercial GPS navigation aids. Waze is the best and keeps getting better.
But it is not perfect. None of these problems stop Waze from working and being useful. But they are listed here for your information, and so you know they are being worked on.
Development plans and priorities
Waze is growing fast in features and popularity. This is not a complete list of development areas, but should reassure you that Waze is aware of your concerns and is working to make things better.
Current development focus includes:
- Upgrading the worldwide infrastructure to allow Waze to support the growing number of users while making the service more reliable
- Bug fixing
- Integrating features to generate revenue for Waze
- Releasing feature equal clients for Android and iOS
- Adding the ability to search for location by UK postcodes
- Supporting correct routing of authorized veichles on Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes
- Implementing a web interface to allow editors to immediately close streets for a specified period.
- Upgrading the World servers, which has increased the reliability and speed of editing maps
- Improved the routing in areas of Private Roads and Parking Lot roads
- ASR (Automated Speech recognition)
- TTS (Text to Speech voice guided turn-by-turn instructions that announce the street names for upcoming turns) in multiple languages
- Gas price integration
- POI category search
- Toll Road avoidance
- Time of day turn restrictions
- Time of day road directionality changes
- Implementing road blocks and road closures