| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Mapping Resources By State
- Southeast Region Wiki
- Region Update Request Chart (Mobile friendly)
- Southeast Region Update Request Chart (Interactive)
- Mapping Resources
- Speed Limit Resources
- Update Request Chart (Mobile friendly)
- Update Request Chart (Interactive)
Where To Start
- Specifically regarding how roads are named, and text-to-speech functionality within the Waze Map Editor and client application.
- It is recommended that one get oriented with the forum, as it is a large source of information for editors of all levels of experience.
NOTE: You can see your "recent editing activities": "//www.waze.com/user/editor/" & "editor name" in your browser (e.g. https://www.waze.com/user/editor/ramblinwreck_81)
Alternatively, you can click on the editor's hyperlink after selecting a segment edited by that editor.
- Common Editing Mistakes
- Access roads that distort routing
- Non-Drivable Roads
- Walking Trails
- How Map Tiles Work
- How what do in the Waze Map Editor shows up in the client app, and how we get it there.
- Includes discussion on median segment names.
- Also useful with update requests.
- Read these forum instructions before requesting a road to be unlocked in the Waze forum.
- Where editors of all rank and experience within the Southeast Region can communicate, share tips and ask for advice.
- Other regions (South Atlantic and South Central, for example) have channels where we can communicate with other editors who do not edit primarily within the Southeast Region."
- This form can be used to report advertising place points that are incorrectly placed (among other things).
- Includes discussion on when to divide and un-divide roads.
- At-Grade Connectors
- Junction Style Guide
- Military Bases
- Functional Classification and Continuity in Road Types
- Road Types (USA)
- Includes functional classification table and segment types.
- Functional Classification Discussion
- Junction Box Forum Discussion
- Destination Correcting
- Routing Server Discussion
- Routing Penalties
- U-Turn Prevention
- Satellite Imagery Misaligned Report Form
- Forums, Wiki, AM, SM Process
- Route Issues (>100 miles but less than 1000 miles)]
- Before loading scripts, consult with a senior editor on their application. It is usually best to not load multiple new scripts at the same time. Instead, learn how one functions before going to the next. Note that you are responsible for all your edits. Whether a script identified and suggested the edit or not is irrelevant. Improper use of any script - may lead to demotion or loss of editing privileges.
- Southeast Localization script for Validator See script discussion directly above
- Responding to Update Requests
- Best Continuation
- Detour Prevention Mechanisms
- Turn Angle Verbal Instructions
- Interactive Junction Instruction Algorithm
- Debug Logs
- Routing Penalties
- Please consult a senior editor before using this form.