| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
The Southeast Region is hosting a Waze meetup for SER editors to meet with each other and Waze staff.
Meet with Waze staff, other editors, watch live presentations, participate in a live MapRaid, and other surprises.
- 2 W Bay St
- Savannah, GA 32401
- Tel: +1 912 238 1234
Scarborough Ballroom 1&2
Views from the Hyatt on river side.
|For a clickable link to start your Waze route from your phone. Copy and paste the following link into an email to yourself. Click the link in your phone's email to start the route. This link will bring you right to the front door and valet parking. The GM pin was corrected so you can search by name or address in the app now also.|
If you fly, Waze will pay for your airfare. Transportation to and from home / airport / hotel is not reimbursable. Savannah airport to Hyatt is $28 each way by cab, KShuttle is $30 round trip. Also Uber/Lyft available and other shuttles. Airlines serving Savannah are: allegiant, American Airlines, DELTA, jetBlue, sun country and UNITED.
If you drive, Waze will reimburse your gas, tolls and parking at the hotel. Keep your receipts - originals will be needed. More information at the meetup.
July 15, 2017 08:00 - 18:00
|Waze is paying for Friday night.|
|Extra night rates: "We will try our best to honor the group rate or get as close as possible to the rate based on availability." Group rate is $205 so the sooner the better.|
Who: All Waze SER Map Editors are invited
Click Here to Register First come first serve. 40 attendees maximum, any over will be wait listed for cancellations.
Agenda will be filled is as we get closer to the meetup.
When must I register by?
- June 14th (but if you need a flight, then May 14th).
Where/how do I register?
- Link is above.
What rank is invited?
- Any/all ranks, from 1-6.
Where is it at?
- Hyatt Regency Savannah, Savannah, GA
When is it?
- July 15, 2017
What typically happens at the event?
- Waze staff give presentations, info on upcoming things, etc....editors give presentations, usually a map raid of some sort, open Q&A, meeting fellow editors to put a face to the name, etc.
Will we be put in hotel rooms with strangers, or do we each get our own?
- You get your own room (2 queen beds or a king bed in a room), no sharing with strangers.
Can I bring a guest to stay in the hotel room with me?
- Yes, but they can't attend the actual meetup. Some are making a mini vacation out of it. Waze will only pay for the editor's airfare if flying. Meals are not provided to guests.
Is the meetup in the same hotel? IE, could my guest use my car during the day as I wouldn’t need it?
- Yes, same hotel.
Can I open all the bottles in the mini bar and not pay for them? ;)
- You will put your own credit card down for incidentals, so you would pay for them.
The event itself is on Saturday? Is the hotel night for Friday or Saturday?
- Yes, event is Saturday, and waze is paying for Friday night.
What are the beginning and end times?
- Normally it's a 8am-5 or 6pm type thing. We have not made the schedule yet.
- We can also organize a dinner Friday evening somewhere in walking distance (that would be one meal you'd pay for)
- Also if many are staying an extra night, we can see who wants to do something Sunday also (as in something non-waze fun).
How is driving reimbursed?
- Mail in receipts for gas, we will give you more info, but hold on to those receipts!
Any idea on how many are expected?
- Max of 40 editors and 2 Waze staff.
Should I count on going, or is there a chance I get bumped for a higher level if it fills up?
- Count on going, it is first come first serve.
How do they reach out, there was no contact information to input?
- Driving79 and Jakflash are the main contact points.
Do I reserve my own room, or will Waze staff do that?
- No, waze and driving79/Jakflash will be handling the rooms (and if you want to add a night’s stay that you want to pay for).