| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
User:BobTheWikipedian/Color schemes/Map editors
Last updated Mar 22 2016 to work with Waze v4.
Download schema (Google Drive) (Extract 8.zip and copy ALL contents to /waze/skins/default/day/8/
An updated Map Editors schema, to replace daytime skin #8. A WME lookalike skin that uses the new (October 2015) road colors and styles.
Known technical restrictions:
- Places can no longer be drawn with outlines.
- Places can no longer have transparency.
- Cities are not drawn, only labeled.
What's new (22 Mar 2016):
- Recoded the entire skin to work with Waze v4. (The previous version had a very "gothic" look in Waze v4.)
- Private roads and parking lots are now displayed in tan and gray, respectively.
- Street-class, private-class, and parking-lot-class road names are now properly displayed as black-on-white.
- Place names are now displayed on white to improve readability.
- Fixed an issue where highways and freeways were the old WME shades instead of the new ones when zoomed out.
(11 Oct 2015):
- Updated to match the latest color revision. Most notably, primaries are now a bold yellow and freeways are now pink.
- Colors sampled from the WME to produce more accurate coloring. Colors may appear darker on your mobile device.
- Fixed an issue where dirt roads, paths, and walkways were not hidden when zoomed out.
(28 Jul 2015):
- Adopted WMECH colors, so water places are blue and park places are green.
This skin uses multiple files.