| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Difference between revisions of "User:Markr4468"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Interstate ==
== Interstate ==
Revision as of 16:15, 4 October 2016
West Virginia Department of Transportation (WVDOT) provides County Highway Maps for each of the 55 Counties in West Virginia (WV). Those County Maps provide information on Route Designation for each road WV maintains. The following are the types of roads typically seen on each of the County Maps and how they should be named and typed in the Waze Map. Any questions, please ask in the WV Google Hangout (WV GHO).
- Waze Road Type – Freeway (FW)
- Name – I-64 N (always 1 way and always include the cardinal direction)
- Waze Road Type – Typically Major Highway (MH) unless FC upgrades
- Name – US-60 (if divided/One-Way, include cardinal direction, e.g. US-60 N)
- US BUS/SPUR/LOOP are Minor Highway (mH) unless FC upgrades
WV State Route
- Waze Road Type – Typically Minor Highway (mH)
- Name – WV-10 (if divided/One-Way, include cardinal direction, e.g. WV-10 S)
- WV BUS/SPUR/LOOP are Primary Street unless FC upgrades
WV County Route
- Waze Road Type – Street (unless FC upgrades higher)
- Name – CR-2 or CR-2/12
WV HARP Route
- Waze Road Type – Street
- Name – not typically used. Only if no name on Street. HARP-901 or HARP 901/20.
WV FANS Route
- Waze Road Type – Based on Functional Classification Only
- Name – Alt Name Only if FC upgrades road type to Primary Street or higher. FANS-863
- Within City Limits, most roads will have a name; use that instead of the Route Designation and put the Route Designation as the Alt Name. Consult County GIS sources or Street View.
- All FANS Roads are within City Limits. Only put FANS Designation (and always as Alt Name) if FC upgrades to PS or higher.
- Do not deviate from the road type unless Functional Classification has been applied. Doing so will create issues with routing.