| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
A MegaMapRaid (MMR) is a MapRaid in which a group of international map editors join together and update a large area. Besides the benefits of a normal MapRaid, it opens up different ways of dealing with editing and navigation situations, because every country has it´s own specifics. It is always fun and a great learning experience to people from several backgrounds. Besides, the raiders together quickly improve the overall condition of the Waze map.
In order of importance:
- Check and correct city boundaries
- Check major connectivity
- Solve URs and MPs
- Improve major connectivity
- Improve Wiki page
- Correct base map positioning
- Correct road naming
|asterix06 ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|enhket ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|orbitc ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|moweez ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|voludu2 ( )||5||SM/MapRaid-Coord|
|dragstore ( )||level||Country Manager||1|
Because of the international character of this MapRaid, the main language is English. There is help for translations. As we have raiders from many different time zones, we will use time in UTC.
Participants will be divided into several groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, and a Group leader. Please direct all questions to your group leader. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
We will use Slack as the main communication service. There is a special Country MapRaid channel for this raid. Also, every group will have their own channel. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts.
This MapRaid has X groups according to the following map (to be added). Use the overlay to show the borders of your group area in WME. Keep in mind that editing access may slightly differ from the overlay. If areas neighbour another country, please do not edit in other countries, even though you have access. If something needs to be updated, inform one of the hosts who will contact the neighbouring country.
Solve URs and MPs
Improve major connectivity
Improve Wiki page
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Sanctions are strict, being banned for this and future MR and MMR. In addition, Waze throttles your edits and points when scripts are used excessively.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Tools for this mapraid
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze.
Generally allowed sources:
- Satellite Imagery and Street-view from within WME.
- Websites from businesses.
Highly Recommended Tools
Many tools are essential for good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. Highly recommended are:
- This is a script that validates a map area in the Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with U.S. wiki references and possible solutions. Keep in mind that the guidelines of of the country where you edit (if available on the subject) precede over the guidelines of the U.S..
- This is a script that facilitate the process of editing maps in the WME. It has a toolbar that facilitates the process of removing unnecessary nodes, cut segments, locate "Soft Nodes", or nodes with undefined directions.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!