| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
A MegaMapRaid (MMR) is a MapRaid in which a group of international map editors join together and update a large area. Besides the benefits of a normal MapRaid, it opens up different ways of dealing with editing and navigation situations, because every country has it´s own specifics. It is always fun and a great learning experience to people from several backgrounds. Besides, the raiders together quickly improve the overall condition of the Waze map.
- 1 Goals
- 2 Hosts
- 3 Communication
- 4 Raid Areas
- 5 Mapraid guidelines
- 6 Editing Resources
- 7 Mass edits
- 8 Basic reference links
- 9 Highly Recommended Tools
In order of importance:
- Check and correct city boundaries
- Check major connectivity
- Solve URs and MPs
- Improve major connectivity
- Improve Wiki page
- Correct base map positioning
- Correct road naming
|OrbitC ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
Because of the international character of an MMR, the main language is English. There is help for translations.
Participants will be divided into several groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, and a Group leader. Please direct all questions to your group leader. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
We will use Slack as the main communication platform. There is a special Country MapRaid channel for this raid. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts.
This MapRaid has X groups according to the following map (to be added). Use the [overlay] to show the borders of your group area.
Solve URs and MPs
Improve major connectivity
Improve Wiki page
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze, like Streetview from within WME. Google Maps (and its streetview) is NOT allowed. Websites from businesses are considered allowed sources. Other allowed sources are:
Warning: If you copy information from unauthorized sources, you may be removed from this mapraid. Also, every segment you edited may be removed from the map. Copying information from copyrighted sources is illegal!
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Sanctions are strict, being banned for this and future MR and MMR.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Highly Recommended Tools
Many tools are essential for good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. Highly recommended are:
- This is a script that validates a map area in the Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with U.S. wiki references and possible solutions. Keep in mind that guidelines of Venezuela (if available on the subject) precede over the guidelines of the U.S..
- This is a script that facilitate the process of editing maps in the WME. It has a toolbar that facilitates the process of removing unnecessary nodes, cut segments, locate "Soft Nodes", or nodes with undefined directions.
- a time and labor saving tool for responding to URs. Read the documentation. Needs TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) to install and use.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!