| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
|Registration for the MapRaid! is now closed. To hear about future MapRaids please join the MapRaid #Slack. MegaMapRaid China has begun on 2015-01-02 0300UTC. The raid will last for roughly days.|
MegaMapRaid China July 2015 will be 02 July through 15 July 2015. The participants will be divided into 12 groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, one of which will be the "Group leader" . Please direct all questions to your group leaders. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
Our primary mission is to handle
- Create segments and main province's backbone
- Name segments at your best posibilities
- General map verification
- Have fun!
Important / Mapraid guidelines
Please read the entire MapRaid wiki. If you are still uncertain what to do about something you see on the map, please ask your group leader Thank You for your help with the map.
Do Not Mass-Edit
We are ignoring the rule this time. You are allowed to mass-edit if you want.
- For City, we use Chinese /English.
- For Street, we use Chinese only on Primary name, English on Alternative name.
For those who cannot write or read Chinese, please leave the Primary name blank and just put English on Alternative name. In order to do this, you must first put anything in the Primary name and press 'Apply'. Then enter the English name into the Alt field and press 'Apply'. Then edit the Primary name again and click the box "None" for the street field and press 'Apply. The Alternative name will remain for the segment while "No name" is set for the Primary field.
As you know we do not have 'State' field for China, I am thinking just simply to put 'District Level' format, i.e. the Province name and Prefecture level city names are omitted
See spreadsheet for a list of divisions to use: Administrative Divisions of China for Waze Map
In case of duplication in district level, then we will put 'District Level, Prefecture Level City' format. For example:
For normal situation: District Level, e.g. 顺德 Shunde
For duplication situation: District Level, Prefecture Level City, e.g 佛山顺德 Shunde, Foshan
We will use #Slack Channels. There is a MegaMapRaid general channel and also a channel for each raid group. Please be sure to join the slack WazeMapRaid Team and join the channels for the specific MapRaid and group you are assigned to. If you are not already part of the WazeMapRaid slack team, Click here to get your Slack invitation. Be sure to choose WazeMapRaid to the MapRaid question. If you have trouble getting into the slack team and channels, please reach out to one of the MapRaid organizers.
WME chat can also be used. The WME Chat addon is recommended.
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- mapraid overlay (Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey required)
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation. Tampermonkey / greasemonkey required
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here -- Tampermonkey/Greasmonkey required
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|