| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
MapRaid will begin on May 24, 2015. The raid will last for roughly 2 weeks.
|add image of raid area|
- 1 Welcome to the Ohio Mini-MapRaid
- 2 Mission
- 3 Local Hosts
- 4 Important!
- 5 Local Guidance
- 6 Mapping Resources
- 7 Communication
- 8 Reference Links
- 9 Mapraid edit lists
- 10 Results
- 11 MapRaid Promotions
- 12 Teams
Welcome to the Ohio Mini-MapRaid
Our primary mission will be to handle the URs, and PURs, followed by Place validation, and general map verification.
The MapRaid! is being divided up by teams. Mini-MapRaid Overlay
- Follow ODOT FC map for minimum classification for road
- Follow Waze rules for upgrading above ODOT guidelines
- Local expertise/editor judgement: if you feel that a road/highway is still underclassified after applying the previous rules, please contact a Raid mentor and make a case for further upgrades
Each editor will have a specific area that the Raid organizers will be "grading." This will be used as part of the decision about which participants are selected to participate in the subsequent raids in the series.
State Manager: TerryPurdue ( )
|Username (rank)||Team Assigned||Comments||Team Area|
|jromer(4) [ ]||Area 1W||Mentoring||WME|
|DaveKS14(4) [ ]||Area 1E||
|ChieFOx(2) [ ]||Area 2W||WME|
|sman28(2) [ ]||Area 2E||WME|
|TsuDoNihm(2) [ ]||Area 3W||WME|
|TimC42(4) [ ]||Area 3E||
|gunnargsd(3) [ ]||Area 4W||Mentoring||WME|
|justins83(3) [ ]||Area 4E||
|EdFromOhio(4) [ ]||Area 5W||
|cookswim(2) [ ]||Area 5E||WME|
|UnassumingLocalGuy(2) [ ]||Area 6W||WME|
|mitpatterson(2) [ ]||Area 6E||WME|
|TNT1001(2) [ ]||Area 7||WME|
The following is a list of improvements that all editors should attempt to make across the entire Raid area, but especially at the "Grading PL."
- Make sure all edits are in accordance with current best practices
- WME Validator clean through R6
- Mentors will be available to downlock as needed
- Remove check for "Exclude non-editable segments"
- Make sure to fix all issues flagged by the Ohio Localizations plugin as part of this task!
- Make sure all extraneous junction nodes are removed
- Unknown direction roads, unconfirmed roads, etc. fixed
- User Reports (URs) and Place Update Reports (PURs) either closed or actively being worked
- Fix any junctions with unconfirmed turns
- Check for any improper turn restrictions0
Shift-Zwill display all disabled turns visible on screen
- Junctions with U-turns enabled
- Excessive geometry points removed
- Can hover and press
Dor (with Toolbox installed) press
1to clear all geometry points from a segment
- Can hover and press
- Road segments named properly
- Proper elevation settings on segments
- Divided roads
- At-Grade Connectors (AGCs)
- Make sure they're only used when needed/justified!
- Proper naming, geometry for turn guidance, etc.
- Place objects set with correct type (area vs point), categories, and addresses (including street/street number!)
- House numbers added (within reason, not every single structure needs a house number!)
- All segments should be set to their MINIMUM lock level (higher if justified, check with mentors)
- Street/PLR/private: L1
- Primary Street (PS): L2
- Minor Highway (mH): L3
- Major Highway (MH): L3
- Freeways: L5
- Ramps: Highest Connected Segment (HCS)
- At-Grade Connectors: Highest Connected Segment (HCS)
- One-way segments: increase lock minimum by one (e.g., one-way PS should be locked to L3)
- Functional Classification: make sure all rules from the Functional Classification section have been correctly applied
- Rest areas drawn correctly (segment types, place objects, etc.)
- Private areas identified, marked with private roads
- Things to look for: gates, non-standard speed limit signs in Street View
- All gas stations identified and mapped correctly -- including street address!
- Only those driveways that meet the criteria are mapped
- Special care is spent identifying and correctly mapping hospitals/urgent care facilities
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- overlay link
- Places browser link
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation.
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
* For Chrome browser please download the script at Chrome Web Store * For Firefox browser please download the script at GreasyFork.org
Note: for Firefox browser you also need Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here.
Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey is required to use this script
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|
|add teams here|