| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Minimum Acceptable Information
All Places added to the map must contain the following entries:
- Proper Category
- Place Name
- Address (including address numbers)
- Placed in the correct location on the map
This is the minimum acceptable amount of information for inclusion on the map.
|PLACE TYPE||LOCK LEVEL|
|Military Installation / Airport||4|
|Hospitals / Urgent Care / Police & Fire Dept||4|
|National & State Parks and Monuments||4|
|Gas Stations / Charging Stations||3|
|Schools / Universities / Colleges||3|
|Government Buildings / Consulates||3|
- All Places that have complete information (to include, at a minimum, address/city, hours of operation, phone number) are to be locked at Level 2. This is to prevent loss of data due to automatic acceptance of Place Update submissions from Trusted Users, or Place Update Request approvals from other editors without careful examination.
- If you do not have a high enough enough rank to lock the place as indicated, please lock it as high as you can, and notify a higher rank AM, SM, CM, or Champ to lock it higher.
For instance, if you are mapping a shopping center, this means that you map the area to cover the shopping center buildings, and the parking lots out to the outer ring road (if applicable). If there is no ring road, or for smaller shopping centers, map to the curb line.
If you are mapping a school, you would map out to the fence line (if visible) or to a reasonable distance from the school. Contact a AM, SM, CM, or Champ for assistance.
Hospitals / Urgent Care
When you map a hospital, or medical center, you need to map the following additional areas/points, as appropriate for your facility.
- The Hospital itself (map it to the fenceline, or to an extent that you feel is appropriate)
- Make sure you set the Navigation Stop point over the main entrance.
- The Emergency Room Entrance (Set a Point Place)
- Emergency Room Ambulance Entrance (if this is separate from the public entrance)
- Hospital Parking (This may also include a separate Emergency Dept parking lot, if necessary)
What do I name It?
When you map a hospital/medical center, you need to name it with the official name ("Primary Children's Hospital" for example). However, you can add alternate names as well. The official website for the facility will have the actual name.
When you name the Emergency Room entrance, as well as any other points on the complex, please use the following formula of "specific name - hospital name":
- Hospital Name (on main Area Place)
- ER - Hospital Name
- ER Ambulance Entrance - Hospital Name
- Labor & Delivery - Hospital Name
- Outpatient Entrance - Hospital Name
...and so on.
Places which are part of a larger encompassing place (i.e. place points for lot in a university area, Separate ER entrances in a hospital area, stores in a shopping mall, etc.) should be named with their unique name followed by a hyphen and the name of the larger area they belong to. For example, "ER - Generic Medical Center"