Wiki maintenance tasks
Revision as of 19:00, 12 June 2013 by Xander271
|This page is not part of the general Waze help documentation. It is for the management and maintenance of the Waze Wiki. If you reached this page in error, return to the Wiki search page to search again for your topic.|
- Check the Wiki update forum for any questions or issues that should be addressed on the Wiki
- If necessary, update the Wiki to record the issue or answer the questions
- If appropriate, post a reply in the forum with a link to the relevant wiki page
- Review the Wiki forum on missing terms and consider creating Redirects to them.
- Check the NeedInfo template report to see where an editor believes more information is required.
- Provide pages that people want in the wiki
- Check the NeedPage template report to see what pages have this special placeholder requiring an entire page be required. (This is similar to the Wanted Pages above, but does not show a red link to users due to it not existing.)
- Check the Update for Editor Change template report to see what pages require modifications for an editor UI change.
- Check the ToObsolete template report to review the links to pages identified as needing to be obsoleted.
- Check the Waze translation file for new phrases that indicate new or planned features.
- Check the Waze blog for anything that needs to be put on the wiki.
- Fix any broken redirects - last check kentsmith9 (talk) 05:50, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Fix any double redirects - last check kentsmith9 (talk) 05:50, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Review pages over 200,000 bytes in size - last check kentsmith9 03:24, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Review pages more than a year old - last check Waynemcdougall 00:03, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Resolve orphan pages
- Review pages with a low number of revisions - last check Waynemcdougall 00:03, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Review short pages - last check Waynemcdougall 01:02, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Review unused images but be warned that while they may not be used on the Wiki, they may be used in other places such as user blogs and forums - last check Waynemcdougall 01:02, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Review listed of unused templates - last check Waynemcdougall 01:02, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Review list of redirects - Waynemcdougall 04:58, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
Forum posts that still need addressing
Pending an editor to start
- New Segment Lock Process
- Main page updates
- Parking lot roads - best situations to mark them
- Add default road type is not alterable, but use "r" twice to make two-way
- Segment lengths
- Named bridges
- TTS pronunciation modifications
- To do lists in the Wiki
- Tunnels page - Proposed text in thread already.
- Landmarks are searchable - Not long ago they were not, so we need to review the Wiki for that information to update it.
- Mapping Bulbs and Bumps
- Update section on unsplitting roads to preserve addresses
Editor currently working on a topic
- Removing obsolete Cartouche-based pages - kentsmith9 is currently working on this topic.
- House numbers page - AlanOfTheBerg is currently working on this page.
- Gas stations - AlanOfTheBerg is currently working on this page.
- How to disable TTS - Kentsmith9 is working with the original author of this section. It seems to end with instructions for how to Enable TTS, not disable it.
- Segments, nodes, and junctions - Kentsmith9 completed the Glossary page and will review major sections like the Junction Style Guide for updates from this discussion. Also replacing Junction Node with Junction or Junction Point.
- Area Manager 101 updates - Xander271 is currently working on this page.
- There is no information on the general settings for 3.5/3.6. Only bits and pieces appear under Waze Version 3.5 user manual.
- The Map Editor Interface and Controls page will need updating for the new quick links at the bottom of that page.
- Disambiguate word variations between the Waze app and WME, like has been done for Zoom and Level.
- The Creating and Editing a roundabout page has two sections that need expanding (or removal) at the end.
- Move keyboard shortcuts into a table and group into appropriate sections.